I managed to collect the Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger Hallmark ornaments yesterday. I had already purchased the Harry Potter ornament (along with the Hallmark Power Cord to be able to connect the 3 ornaments together because I knew I would get all three of them at some point). I now have all of Hallmark’s ornaments from the Harry Potter collection for the 2019 year (including the Hogwarts tree topper). Each one of them interact with each other and will play scenes from “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” when they are plugged in. I can’t wait for Christmas to get here so that I can put all them out on the tree.
Sirius Black was different from the rest of his family in the fact that he didn’t buy into the “pure blood mania” like some pure blood wizards/witches did. He ended up being disowned by his family for this and he even broke tradition by being sorted into Gryffindor when he went to school at Hogwarts instead of being sorted into Slytherin like the rest of his family.
“When this is all over, we’ll be a proper family. You’ll see.” (Order of the Phoenix)
“If you want to see what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” (Goblet of Fire)
“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part that we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.” (Order of the Phoenix)
“What’s life without a little risk?” (Order of the Phoenix)
“The ones who love us never really leave us, you can always find them here.” (Prisoner of Azkaban)
Today, I came home to find out my hubby had purchased the Hogwarts Castle Christmas tree topper from Hallmark. It plays “Hedwig’s Theme” when you push the button on it. It is also suppose to interact with the Harry, Ron and Hermione ornaments that you can get from Hallmark as well. I’ve already got Harry this month. I’m going to get Ron next month and then get Hermione in October (Hermione doesn’t come out till October 5th so I have to get her last). Just to let you know, in order to get the ornaments to interact with one another, you have to buy a cord to connect them all together. You can connect up to 7 ornaments with this cord and it works with ornaments from 2017 and later. It cost me an extra $11.99 and I purchased it at the same time I got my Harry Potter ornament.
There are a couple of other ornaments that you can get that don’t interact with the tree topper or the other ornaments. One of them is the Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes shop. That one is out already and I purchased that last month. The other one looks like the book cover from “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets”. This one won’t be released until November 8th so I’ll have to wait till after I’ve purchased Hermione to get it.
So, have any of you visited Pottermore yet? If so, have you found out which Hogwarts House you belong in? Which wand you should have? What your Patronus is? Which House in Ilvermony you belong in? Have you ever been curious about any of these things?
I got curious and joined Pottermore so that I could found the answers to these questions (my results are listed below). I got my hubby signed up on Pottermore because I was curious to see what his answers were to the same questions (I won’t share his unless he gives me permission to do so).
I’m pretty happy with the results I got. I was surprised on which house I was sorted into. I thought I would be sorted into Hufflepuff, to be honest. I didn’t have any expectations on the other things prior to answering the questions. The only thing I wished they’d have is which pet should you have while in school. That I’d be curious to see….
Hogwarts House: Gryffindor
Patronus: Tortoiseshell Cat
Wand: Ebony Wood with a dragon heartstring core, 12 1/2″ and slightly springy flexibility
Ilvermony House: Horned Serpent
Last year, PBS held an eight-part series on tv to discuss the country’s best-loved novel. I did remember making my vote but I didn’t get a chance to watch any of the episodes on tv.
Did you watch the eight-part series? Did you place your vote to help determine which novel/series won? How many of the books on the list have you read? Do you plan on reading all the book on the list? What are your thoughts on the books that made the list?
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee (Best Loved)
- Outlander (series) by Diana Gabaldon (Finalist)
- Harry Potter (series) by J. K. Rowling (Finalist)
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (Finalist)
- The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkein (Finalist)
- Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- Charlette’s Web by E. B. White
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- The Chronicles of Narnia (series) by C. S. Lewis
- Jane Eyre by Charlote Bronte
- Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
- The Grapes of Wraith by John Steinbeck
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
- 1984 by George Orwell
- And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry
- The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
- The Stand by Stephen King
- Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
- A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
- Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
- The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton
- The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- Dune by Frank Herbert
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- The Call of the Wild by Jack London
- The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- The Hunger Games (series) by Suzanne Collins
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
- The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- Memoirs of a Geisha by Author Golden
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville
- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
- Game of Thrones (series) by George R. R. Martin
- Foundation (series) by Isaac Asimov
- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
- Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
- The Godfather by Mario Puzo
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
- The Shack by William P. Young
- A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
- The Hunt for Red October by Tom Clancy
- Beloved by Toni Morrison
- The Martian by Andy Weir
- The Eye of the World (series) by Robert Johnson/Brandon Sanderson
- Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse
- Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevesky
- The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
- A Separate Peace by John Knowles
- Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Hatchet (series) by Gary Paulson
- Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
- The Twilight Saga (series) by Stephanie Meyer
- Tales of the City (series) by Armistead Maupin
- Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathon Swift
- Ready Player One by Earnest Cline
- Left Behind (series) by Tim LaHaye/Jerry B. Jenkins
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Watchers by Dean Koontz
- The Pilgrim’s Progress by John Bunyan
- Alex Cross Mysteries (series) by James Patterson
- Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
- Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
- Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
- Flowers in the Attic by V. C. Andrews
- Fifty Shades of Grey (series) by E. L. James
- The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut
- This Present Darkness by Frank E. Peretti
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Another Country by James Baldwin
- Bless Me, Ultima by Rudolfo Anaya
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
- Swan Song by Robert R. McCammon
- Mind Invadors by Dave Hunt
- White Teeth by Zadie Smith
- Ghost by Jason Reynolds
- The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister Souljah
- The Intuitionist by Colson Whitehead
- Dona Barbara by Romulo Gallegos
My hubby surprised me with a present today. He had gotten a gift card recently and he purchased a present for each of us with it. The present he got me was one of the 3D puzzles made by Wrebbit. It’s part of the Diagon Alley collection and it’s the last one I need to complete that. Specifically, it is “Mother Malkin’s and Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream” puzzle. I’ve just cracked this puppy open and I have all the pieces laid out. Now, I just have to get this put together. With this one, I now have all of the puzzles that Wrebbit has made from the Harry Potter world. I really need to take pictures of these puzzles together.
Twins Fred and George Weasley……started out as students of Hogwarts, both Gryffindors, and eventually became owners of a joke shop called Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes. They were a couple of my favorite characters from the Harry Potter series. They provided lots of fun and entertainment throughout the entire series, even when the series took a darker turn. Below are a few of my favorite quotes from Fred and George….
‘Yeah, he’s nipping off to the Chamber of Secrets for a cup of tea with his fanged servant,’ said George, chortling. (Chamber of Secrets)
George: ‘We tried to shut him in a pyramid,’ he told Harry. ‘But Mum spotted us.’ (Prisoner of Azkaban)
‘What do we want to be Prefects for?’ said George, looking revolted at the very idea. ‘It’d take all the fun out of life.’ (Prisoner of Azkaban)
‘We didn’t give it to him because he was a Muggle!’ said Fred indignantly.
‘No, we gave it to him because he’s a great bullying git,’ said George. (Goblet of Fire)
‘Anyone can speak Troll,’ said Fred dismissively, ‘all you have to do is point and grunt.’ (Goblet of Fire)
‘Yeah, size is no guarantee of power,’ said George. ‘Look at Ginny.’
‘What d’ you mean?’ said Harry.
‘You’ve never been on the receiving end of one of her Bat-Bogey Hexes, have you?’ (Order of the Phoenix)
‘I don’t believe it! I don’t believe it! Oh, Ron, how wonderful! A prefect! That’s everyone in the family!’
‘What are Fred and I, next-door neighbours?’ said George indignantly… (Order of the Phoenix)
‘“E” for “Exceeds Expectations”. And I’ve always thought Fred and I should’ve got “E” in everything, because we exceeded expectations just by turning up for the exams.’ (Order of the Phoenix)
Professor Minerva McGonagall….teacher of Transfiguration and Head of Gryffindor House. She happens to be one of my favorite characters from the Harry Potter series. There are times that she is a pretty stern teacher but she also shows that she cares for the students that attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry. I am pleased to present to you some of my favorite quotes made by Professor McGonagall at some point during the Harry Potter series.
The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons! (Goblet of Fire)
Minerva McGonagall: [to Harry, Ron, & Hermione] Why is it, when something happens, it is always you three?
Ron Weasley: Believe me, Professor. I’ve been asking myself the same question for six years.
(Half Blood Prince)
Potter, take Weasley with you. He looks far too happy over there.
(Half Blood Prince)
‘Is it true that you shouted at Professor Umbridge?’
‘Yes,’ said Harry.
‘You called her a liar?’
‘You told her He Who Must Not Be Named is back?’
Professor McGonagall sat down behind her desk, frowning at Harry. Then she said, ‘Have a biscuit, Potter.’
(Order of the Phoenix)
‘May I offer you a cough drop, Dolores?’
(Order of the Phoenix)
Neville: Are you actually giving us permission to do this?
McGonagall: Yes, Longbottom.
Neville: Blow it up? Boom?
Neville: Wicked. How do you expect we do that?
McGonagall: Why don’t you confer with Mr. Finnigan? As I recall, he has a particular proclivity for pyrotechnics.
Seamus: I can bring it down.
McGonagall: That’s the spirit, now away you go.
So, what did everyone get for Valentine’s Day? I got one of those 3D puzzles from Wrebbit. It’s part of the Diagon Alley collection and it’s specifically Quality Quidditch Supplies and Slug & Jiggers. I already had Olivander’s Wand Shop and Scribbulus. I got that for Christmas and it’s already put together. I have to get this one put together so I can put them next to each other. After this one, I just have to get one more to complete the Diagon Alley collection. Once I get that last one, I’ll currently have all the Harry Potter puzzles that they’ve made so far (unless they come up with more puzzles from the Harry Potter world). Anyway, maybe I can post some pictures of all the puzzles put together.